Cost of the Bear Hunt: $1,250 US, plus licenses and taxes extra. Deposit is $400 US.
Season: Black Bear Hunting Season usually starts August 15 or 16.
Check-in is 3:00pm
The bear hunt package includes a cabin and active baits. Baiting starts well in advance of your arrival. We take a limited number of hunters and guarantee active baits. Some of these baits border the Chapleau game preserve. We have baits for archery, primitive weapons and rifles.
You will have the use of a tree stand or ground blind as well as one on one orientation of the area. We will help you with the retrieval and skinning of your bear. There is a freezer available for the freezing of your meat. We will make every effort to meet your needs.
Not Incuded in the Bear Hunt:
· Export Fee ($35)
· Firearms Declaration Form ($25 - read below)
· Bear Hunt License ($255.81)
· Outdoor Card if you don't have one ($9.68)
· Sport Fishing Licence - Optional ($58.06)
· Conservation Fishing Licence - Optional ($33.92)
What is an Outdoor Card:
An outdoor card offers conservation officers a quick way of authenticating your identification and Black Bear hunting license. This card is good for 3 years and must be presented to purchase your fishing or hunting license every year.
What To Bring Bear Hunting:
· Food & Drink (Housekeeping Accommodations)
· Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
· Solid Hunter Orange hat and vest
· Previous hunting license CN or US
· Weapon of choice, gun, bow or crossbow
· Guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
· Bug jacket and repellent
· Rain Gear
· Extra Footware, Rubber Boots (less scent transfer) & Gloves
· Flash lights (Batteries)
· Coolers & Freezer Bags for meat
· Hunting knife/sharpener
· Scentlock suit/Scent Killer
· Fishing rod and tackle
Important note: Handguns are not allowed in Canada!